One year ago, give or take a couple of weeks, I said, "Steven, If anyone loves me at all this countertop will be replaced within the year." Every three months or so I would remind him of his commitment to love and cherish me and replace my countertop. Sooooo... after much anticipation I finally have physical proof that my husband loves me!! Okay I have other proof of his love but this is what I've been waiting for. Forget the fact that I actually had to take a hammer to the tile to motivate him. Yeah!! I am really loving it. It is soooo much easier to keep clean and easier to actually use and it is way easier on the eyes.
This is Before.

This is after I took a hammer to it. Those tiles are harder to get off that you might think. Plus those edges are SHARP!!!

And this is now. Love it. Thanks hon. I love you too! Now I have more ideas for next year.