Monday, February 16, 2009

Bon Appetit?

These cute cooks whipped up some seriously good chocolate chocolate chip cookies and Mud soup! We just got the recipe off the internet for the cookies and it's a keeper. Brin found the soup recipe in the back of a book called Mud Soup and it was good too. They fashioned those chef hats out of grocery bags and posterboard. When they get a little bigger I might just hang up my apron for good. They are way better in the kitchen than I am any day. Thanks for the soup & cookies girls I want another batch today!







Chocolate chocolate chip cookies

2 1/4 cups flour

1 tsp. salt

1 tsp. baking soda

2 sticks butter, softened

1 cup granulated sugar

1 cup packed brown sugar

2 large eggs, beaten

1 tbls. vanilla

1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa

2 cups chocolate chips

1 cup chopped walnuts (optional & I didn't use these)

Mix dry ingredients minus cocoa. Beat together butter, both sugars, eggs, vanilla and cocoa. Combine two mixes and add chocolate chips and nuts. Cook 20-25 min. in 375 degree oven on a greased cookie sheet. Yum!