Friday, February 20, 2009

Ode to Steven

I got this from my friend Bobbidee and it looked like fun. I don't know if Steve and I will ever have a traditional romantic Valentines day because of the flood of birthdays that we have at the same time but I do want him to know how much I love him even though we kind of skipped over Valentines day again this year.

1. Where did you meet your husband?
We got set up on a blind date by our friend Liz at Utah State.
2. How long did you date before you got married?
We met in April 1997 & got married March 1998
3. How long have you been married?
Almost 11 years!! Yikes!
4. What does he do that surprises you?
Not much after 11 years. He's a pretty sure and steady guy, but he does keep taking up new and different hobbies like restoring old wood-working tools.
5. What is your favorite feature of his?
His sense of humor, his work ethic and his smile!
6. What is his best quality?
His never-ending quest for knowledge!
7. What is his nickname for you?
He doesn't have one for me which is weird because he is the king of nicknames.
8. What is his favorite food?
Any food! The man loves to eat. No seriously, I can't even narrow it down. Everything except spaghetti (one of my fav's). I think it's a mental thing because his dad doesn't like it either.
9. What is his favorite sport?
Basketball/Fishing/Golf - although he never gets to do any of them
10. When and Where was your first kiss..
I kissed him on the Aggie A the day I met him and then he proceeded to kiss my roommate. What can I say? We were young.
11. What is your favorite thing to do as a couple?
It definitely depends on who you ask. I like to play games. He likes to .... do other things. We like to ... seriously anything together is great!
12. Do you have any children?
Yes. 3 girls & 2 boys
13. Does he have any hidden talents?
He likes to sing and play the guitar & he can remember certain things (I say certain because he can't remember some things I ask him to do to save his life) forever.
14. How old is he?
He is 34.
15. Who said I love you first?
Knowing me, it had to be Steve.
16. What is his favorite music?
He likes all kinds of music but he probably likes folk music the best. At least that's what he picked for the one pre-set station I let him have in the suburban. I know that makes him sound seriously un-cool but those who know him love him for those weird little quirks.
17. What do you admire most about him?
He is the world's best Husband. He tries really hard to be considerate and kind. He is a really good dad and a very dedicated worker.
18. What is his favorite color?
Yellow
19. Will he read this?
Yes

I can't believe that it has been 11 years already! Even more shocking is that 12 years ago you asked me for my "digits" and I actually gave them to you (he really said that word). We always have a good time when we're together. You are one crazy guy and I love it most when we laugh together. I really, really, really love you Steve. Thanks for being you.
*Notice the song I put at the top of my playlist to go along with this post. He thinks she wrote it for him but she spelled his name wrong.